Muse Magazine

Monday, July 02, 2007

LIFE: Good eatin'












My overpriced, over-greased encounter with McDonald's reinforced my conviction that organic food is the way to go. So I've joined a CSA (community supported agriculture subscription) through a local organic farm in Goshen, New York. I get a heaping delivery of fresh vegetables every two weeks and the beautiful thing is, I know where my food is coming from. Coincidentally, I'm also on a cooking kick. So going forward, I'll be including the recipes we experiment with during our CSA adventures with you here. This is what I made last night:

Sauteed purple cabbage:

1 sm. purple cabbage
1 sm. purple onion
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp. butter or olive oil

Shred cabbage and onion and mix together thoroughly. Heat butter or olive oil in a large skillet or saute pan and then add cabbage and onion mixture. Stir often and saute until tender. Season to taste.

Goes well with: A bottle of prosecco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter