Muse Magazine

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

LIFE: Food: $6.79!!!!!!!!!


















I swear I'm not a cheapass but I just paid nearly $7 for a McDonald's combo meal and I'm kind of surly about it. And no, I don't eat at McDonald's often. After watching "Supersize Me" I actually dropped the fast food joint entirely until I got an inexplicably strong craving for it today and bought Value Meal #3. But I digress. The point of this post is, I paid nearly $7 for McDonald's!!! Does that strike anyone else as slightly overpriced? It seems like the last time I bought one of those things, I ended up paying no more than $4. Isn't fast food supposed to be abnormally low in price? So today's relapse just reinforces my conviction that McDonald's is bad, bad, bad. I'd much rather spend $40 at a decent restaurant or cook at home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my fast food fix is that gourmet hot dog place on 23rd...for $8 there at least it's decent. i worked at McD's in high school (shhh) and vowed never to eat there again...although I will tear up an egg & cheese buscuit from there on some 'amy winehouse-i-don't-love-myself-isht.'

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that hot dog spot on 23rd street too! I used to eat the veggie dogs back when I was a vegetarian.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter