Muse Magazine

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

WARDROBE: Many bustier-filled years to come
























I first fell in love with Proenza Schouler for their effortlessly cool, not trying too hard to be sexy, bustier dresses that first defined them as a design duo several years ago, even though they wouldn't fit my size D cups. (That was back when I wasn't as familiar with the Parsons grads' work and pronounced their brand's name as "Shuler" instead of "Schooler.") In addition to their progressive style sensibility, I now have to give Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez business savvy props. Valentino just purchased a 45% stake in the company today according to WWD. Now that they've got bigger bucks behind them, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we're hearing news of a Proenza Schouler store soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter