Muse Magazine

Saturday, July 01, 2006

PALETTE: Your skin can never have too much color

“Excuse me. But can black girls really tan?” A friendly blonde girl asked me before borrowing my suntan oil with SPF. Our respective group of friends had struck up a casual conversation while lying poolside in South Beach. I thought about all of the discussions I had with my white suite mates in college in which I fielded their questions and explained the complexities of black hair and why I sunbath to get that summer glow even though I’m already quite brown by nature. “Heck yeah,” I replied turning on my back to roast my front half. In fact, I totally recommend it (with proper protection and in small doses, of course).



Murad Essential-C Day Moisture
With SPF 15, this face cream not only protects your skin from the sun, it slows down aging, clears up hyperpigmentation and gives a major antioxidant boost.



Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15
Last year, I vacationed in Belize and started salivating over the golden brown skin tone that all of the women there seemed to have. This drugstore staple helped me replicate it.



The Body Shop Sheer Sun Gel
So you’ve left the beach and you’re trying to keep the luminosity factor at a premium. This translucent gel is lightweight and will help your skin retain that “I’ve been swimming all day” bronze glow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter