Muse Magazine

Sunday, August 26, 2007

LIFE: Channel surfing: Stream of consciousness: Unproductivity: You told Harpo to beat me








































I should be at the Nokia Theater watching Mos Def, Common, Erykah Badu and Talib Kweli perform at Black August. But a pile of deadlines has me chained to my laptop, on my couch, in front of the TV. Only, I'm not getting any work done at all. Instead, I'm watching "The Color Purple." God, I forgot how much I love that movie. And Alice Walker. And Oprah. I got these weird chills as soon as she came marching through that field of corn towards Whoopi with that black eye. The Academy robbed that cast of an Oscar. And so I've wasted three hours of work time I can never get back. The "Big Love" season finale comes on at 9pm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter