Muse Magazine

Sunday, January 28, 2007

PALETTE: Hair














When I received this Frederic Fekkai hair compact in the mail, I tossed it into my useless hair gimmicks pile. That was until Friday, when I decided not to go to my much beloved Dominican-owned hair haven in Harlem for my weekly roller set, in order to try out a slightly new, very pricey, salon in the Meatpacking District for a blowout. Mistake. After insisting that she worked well with black hair (lies, lies), the stylist proceeded to blow dry everything but my roots, effectively giving me a 'do that resembled those Troll dolls from the '80's (only with longer hair). Rather than waste any more time in her chair, I headed straight to the office to dig out the compact from the beauty closet so that I could slick my hair back into a ponytail. Never in all my years, did I think I would need hair grease on the go. But life is full of surprises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter