Muse Magazine

Thursday, April 20, 2006

WARDROBE: Reese's pieces




“I’ve shopped in so many places. I’m totally looking for something new and different. I’m not excited by department stores because they follow a certain formula. It’s usually one-of-a-kind stores with personality that attract me. I like shops that you can walk in and see their love of x, y, and z,” Tracy Reese says of what she looks for in a retail experience.

Those words could also apply to her new boutique on Hudson street in New York’s West Village. “The location is perfect because it’s the bridge between Bleecker street–where I originally wanted to open the store, but couldn’t get enough square footage–and the Meatpacking district, which is way too industrial for me,” she explains. She’s in good company. Catherine Malandrino and Calypso have also recently opened up shop on the same block.

With its plush pink seating and opulent baroque chandeliers, it’s a whimsical space that oozes deliberate femininity, a mecca for the girliest of girlie girls. “My favorite aspect of it is that it’s very soft and curvy. I love the idea of having no hard edges. There’s no strict modernity. It’s not architectural, although I do love architecture,” she explains.

The clothing’s not so bad either. All of the coveted looks (vibrant prints, lush embellishments, vintagey brocades) from her clothing line are there, in addition to goods from her secondary line, Plenty and her home collection of the same name. And according to the Parsons grad, even more shopping options for the Reese addict is to come. “We’re definitely plan to develop into other areas. I’d love to do a home scent, candles, rugs, upholstery fabrics, and the list goes on. Every time I develop a print, I think this would look great as a pillow or on a notebook. I’m still working on that.”

-Muse
info@musemag.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter