Muse Magazine

Sunday, April 09, 2006

LIFE: What's on our collective conscious



"So are you any closer to getting married? I'm not. My boyfriend won't even call me his 'girlfriend.'" That's the second thing that came out of an old friend's mouth. We bumped into each other during my trip visiting my parents in my hometown down South where people normally jump the broom right out of undergrad, forgoing the promise of spontaneous travel, a rotating cast of boyfriends, selfish shopping sprees, and the singular disposable income that comes along with young adulthood. (Not that I’m knocking marriage, my parents have been happily together for more than 30 years). We hadn’t seen each other since we were 16, yet she spoke as if we've been chatting with each other every day since then (maybe the area's hyperactive grapevine made her feel closer to me than I did to her). Overall, I think the whole "when am I going to find my huzz-band" discussion incredibly lame. Maybe she should chat with the woman who wrote this article instead.
-Muse
info@musemag.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter